Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved, attractive body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body totally used up and worn out, screaming "WOOOOHOOO what a ride!"



Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hello

Welcome to my new blog. I am really hoping that I will post on a regular basis then the other blog which was http://www.bltdesigns.blogspot.com/ I was having a problem. I wanted to branch out and talk about other things. I have felt it was unfair to do so since the blog was about the both of us. In the meantime, life took a turn and I have now gotten into expressing my soul, experimenting in my journal and I am loving it. It gives me such joy to sit and paint, doodle, sketch. It would be so fun to have you come along on my journey.

December 2009 to present has been a life changing experience. My husband of 23 years lost his right leg just below the knee, because of diabetes. This has been life altering for the both of us. I have always been spoiled, he is retired and he would basically take care of the house and the pets and do all the running around to complete errands. While I worked 40-50hours a week at my job as a Office Manager in a medical practice. Now, I am doing everything and working full time! Taking care of him, running to doctors appointment, groceries, running errands, cleaning, planting a garden, washing cars, paying bills, etc etc. I get tired!!! I get frustrated!!! I get mad!!!! It was suggested to me to keep a journal. I was to "empty" all my frustrations on to the blank white pages. Well, let me tell you.....I have enjoyed playing with all kinds of mediums and my attitude has been great. I love it!!!!

While surfing the net one night I found Amelia Critchlows blog and her e-course Experimental Art e-course. I enrolled and finished my first assignment. What fun. Again, learning new mediums to produce wonderful art. I will keep you posted and show you pictures in a few.

I am also going to Massachusetts in Oct to become a certified zen teacher. You ask what the heck is this???? I will explain in a few days, come on back!
Chow ;)

1 comment:

  1. wow - Lisa hello! This is a fantastic start to your new blog!

    You do so much and you are fitting in the e-course???!!!!! You are amazing, there must be Zen in there somewhere to do all this?!

    I do hope your partner manages to mend as best as possible, and with your help I'm sure he is doing well.

    I'm glad you're enjoying the course. I am so enjoying the ride with everyone, it's great and thanks for your input.

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete