Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved, attractive body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body totally used up and worn out, screaming "WOOOOHOOO what a ride!"



Saturday, June 5, 2010

Remember I was telling you about the journal page I was working on. Well, I wanted to share the progress. What a relaxing way to unwind from all the junk in your life that bugs you. I just love drawing faces right now. I am not sure what that means. Hmmmm can anyone tell me?


With our art shows coming up soon, I have also incorporated some eclectic jewelry to go with our art. Here is an old key I bought for $1.00 at a flea market. It's called "Key to my Heart" necklace. I used wire,beads and spacers. Cute. I've also been working on our Black n White Meditation jewelry, which in a few week's I will release a few photos.

Getting ready for a family garage sale in July. Wow, you can collect some stuff after 24 years of marriage. Finally got my hubby to part with some stuff he had been holding on too. I finally told him "If you have not thought about it, looked at it, or worked with it in the last 6months.."Throw it out or sell it". Boy, was he really good about getting organized. Stuff was flying everywhere. I think the word "sell" got him moving and shaking! I told him "Hey, we do have a family room. We just might be able to make it a cozy place to hang out at night". Now, if I can only get the same respond to the garage.

I learned that I must really think twice about buying anymore art and craft supplies. I have enough supplies to open up a Michael's! I have yarn, knitting needles, patterns, material, scrapbook paper, adhesives, and die cut machines. Good grief. I just thought of something. I sell all this "stuff" what will I do with all the money I will get? Oh my, please the car did NOT just pull into Michael's.

1 comment:

  1. love seeing your journal page! thanks for stopping by my blog today. i'm SO excited for the course to start to. i'll be sending you information VERY soon!

    ReplyDelete